NORVIS is an annual full week-long early music summer school in Durham which we’re proud to describe as one of the UK’s longest-established and friendliest early music summer schools. It is still possible to apply to Join NORVIS for the summer 2019 week.
‘Sympathetic and informative teaching’
‘Very good variety – always something I wanted to do’
‘Good fun, great atmosphere, very good repertoire’
‘Went beyond expectations, can’t wait to do it again’
Interested in NORVIS 2019? Click HERE
- If you love playing early music, a week at NORVIS will enable you make progress
- We teach and perform with recorders, viols, lutes, baroque strings, harpsichord and voices, and cover a wide range of repertoire from early renaissance to late baroque.
- We have an impressive line-up of specialist performers and teachers.
- We have a particularly generous student-tutor ratio, with around eighty students and thirteen wonderful tutors.
- We give a number of bursaries to enable individuals to attend NORVIS.
Want to take part? Application information is available on the Join NORVIS page.
You can read some testimonials from past NORVIS participants – they enjoyed it!
NORVIS XLIX – Saturday 27th July to Saturday 3rd August 2019
NORVIS was founded in 1971 as The Northumbrian Recorder and Viol School by Layton and Christine Ring.
NORVIS is a registered charity, no 1014801.