NORVIS is an annual full week-long early music summer school in Durham which we’re proud to describe as one of the UK’s longest-established and friendliest early music summer schools.
‘Sympathetic and informative teaching’
‘Very good variety – always something I wanted to do’
‘Good fun, great atmosphere, very good repertoire’
‘Went beyond expectations, can’t wait to do it again’
Interested in NORVIS 2019? Click HERE
- If you love playing early music, a week at NORVIS will enable you make progress
- We teach and perform with recorders, viols, lutes, baroque strings, harpsichord and voices, and cover a wide range of repertoire from early renaissance to late baroque.
- We have an impressive line-up of specialist performers and teachers.
- We have a particularly generous student-tutor ratio, with around seventy students and thirteen wonderful tutors.
- We give a number of bursaries to enable individuals to attend NORVIS.
Application information is available on the Join NORVIS page.
You can read some testimonials from past NORVIS participants – they enjoyed it!
NORVIS XLIX – Saturday 27th July to Saturday 3rd August 2019
NORVIS was founded in 1971 as The Northumbrian Recorder and Viol School by Layton and Christine Ring.
NORVIS is a registered charity, no 1014801.